Title of Paper (top of page 2, centered) Advocacy and Nurse-Patient RatiosPAGE 1 HEADING: [Level 1] My Personal/Professional Strategies to Increase My Power ONE PAGE ONLYUsing the Abood article as a reference, describe the strategies and/or the “power(s)” YOU would use professionally and/or personally as a nurse to persuade a busy legislator. Use “I would/will…” terminology,” NOT “the nurse/nurses” or “you” terminology (referring to the reader). How would you prepare YOURSELF, i.e., more education, organization memberships, etc.? Be specific. How would YOU involve other nurses and potential patients (the public) in your strategies. i.e. petitions, meetings, social media, etc.? Be specific.2. PAGE 2: HEADING: [Level 1] Legislator Information Sheet ONE PAGE ONLY Using the above articles as references (Aiken et al.; AFL-CIO; Kinnaird), compose a one (1) page legislator information sheet on nurse-patient ratios for a busy state legislator who will only have time to read bullet points:Bullet points ( ● ) are brief, pertinent, accurate, research-and/or data based statements that emphasize the advantages to his/her voter constituents (patients). Summarize and paraphrase. Be convincing! Citations are required for each of the bullet points. NOTE: Bullet points can easily be inserted into a document using MS WORD.INCLUDE AN INTRODUCTION: To provide context for the legislator, include a short (1-2 sentences) introductory statement at the top of page 2 which addresses the legislator in explaining the purpose for the bullet point statements below. FOCUS ON PATIENTS/FAMILIES (the legislator’s voters): Compose nurse- patient ratio statements that focus on advantages to patients/families, not nurses. An example: Higher nurse-patient ratios increase nurse burnout. Nurse burnout results in higher attrition and less job satisfaction which impacts the continuity and quality of patient care (Aiken et al., 2010). APA FORMAT CITATIONS NOTE: Many other research studies are cited in the articles. If you cite these other research studies, they are considered secondary sources (See APA Manual, p. 178, 6.17). For example, the following is an example of a bullet point with a citation from a secondary source:Patients diagnosed with acute myocardial infarction had a lower mortality rate as the number of registered nurse hours per patient day increased (Sochalski et al. [as cited in Aiken et al., 2010]).Aiken at al. is then used as the source on the reference list.d) In-text citations and a reference list MUST be found in your paper. See the Nursing Student Writing Guidelines Checklist for APA formatting.RUBIC : Paper: Advocacy & Nurse-Patient Ratios (100 pts)My Personal/Professional Strategies to Increase My Power; Legislator Information SheetCritical Thinking Skills (15 pts); Content Development (15 pts); Organization (15 pts) References (15 pts); Format (15 pts); Computer/Technology Skills (25 pts)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.